Are Identity Theft Protection Services Worth Their Cost?
Identity theft protection services are a popular product today. They claim to keep your personal and financial information locked up, safe from criminals who are looking to steal it. But can these services really offer the security they claim to?
The reality is identity theft is incredibly common. In 2018, nearly 60 million Americans were affected by identity theft – and that number is increasing every year. However, identity theft protection services may be able to keep you safe.
If you’re interested in keeping your most valuable information secure and protected, these are the identity theft protection services you need to consider.
LifeLock Ultimate Plus
LifeLock is the leader in identity theft protection. With more than 15 different services, LifeLock will monitor your information and protect you from identity theft. And should your information be stolen, the service will even help you recovery with a host of different protections and recovery benefits.
Price: $29.99 per month
- LifeLock Privacy Monitor tool to limit your online information exposure
- Dark web monitoring
- Lost wallet protection
- Patented LifeLock Identity Alert System notifies you if your information is breached
- Court records scanning
- Three-bureau credit monitoring
- Can add family members to your plan
- $1 million in identity theft recovery
- Legal assistance, if your identity is stolen
- Partners with Equifax to monitor your credit
IdentityForce UltraSecure + Credit
With protection plans designed to cover your entire family, IdentityForce offers the UltraSecure + Credit plan to keep everyone under your roof safe. IdentityForce can give you exceptional internet protection at a price that doesn’t break the bank – and you won’t be sacrificing any quality for an affordable solution. Everything, from your medical records to your credit, will be monitored.
Price: $23.99 per month for an individual, $35.90 per month for a family plan.
- Advanced fraud monitoring
- Social Security number tracking and alerts
- $1 million in identity theft recovery and insurance
- Credit monitoring and reporting from all 3 credit bureaus
- Alerts about suspected health insurance fraud
- Covers both adults and children
- Bank and credit card monitoring
- Social media monitoring, for inappropriate posts and activity
ID Watchdog Platinum
ID Watchdog is one of the most affordable identity theft protection service choices. With plans priced under $20 per month, you’ll enjoy peace of mind and in-depth security without blowing your entire budget. The ID Watchdog Platinum plan will monitor every aspect of your information, from financial to personal to social.
Price: $19.95 per month
- Regular monitoring of billions of information and ID points
- Helps you recover from pre-existing identity theft, if needed
- Gives access to credit reports and scores, as well as a credit simulator
- Tracks address changes and public records
- Dark web monitoring
- Credit monitoring from all 3 credit bureaus
- Subprime and high-risk loan monitoring
- A team of Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialists help you recover, if your information is stolen
Protect Your Identity in Seconds Today
These are just a few of the identity theft protection services available today – and they’re some of the very best you’ll find. With comprehensive protection and a long list of features, benefits, and theft-fighting policies in place, they’ll take the tough work out of keeping your information safe.
And they’re effective too. With thousands of subscribers each, these services will monitor your information online without you needing to worry about it. Once you’re enrolled in an identity theft protection service, you’ll have peace of mind. And you’ll be alerted immediately if anything goes wrong.
If you’re ready to increase your online security and safety with an identity theft protection service, there’s just one step left to take. You need to choose which service is the best for your needs. To do this, you’ll need to do a bit of research. Search online for the best identity theft protection services and compare them. Compare their prices, their features and benefits, and the level of monitoring.
With this approach, you’ll be able to confidently choose a service that keeps your information safe from criminals online.