What Are the Top Crossover SUVs for 2021?
Crossover SUVs have become a normal sight on the roads as they continue to grow in popularity. If you’re looking for an SUV for 2021, there are tons of options. You can choose from compact to mid-size to regular SUVs across a variety of price points. With so many SUVs to choose from, it’s important to do your research and figure out which one makes sense for you. Search online to compare the different models, performance, and styles.
With so many crossover SUVs available, it’s important to do your research before buying to make sure you’re choosing the right model at the right price. No matter your budget, you can find incentives, discounts, and deals on even the newest SUVs. Search online to find SUV incentives currently available at your local dealerships.
Here are some of the top crossover SUVs for 2021.
2021 Mazda CX-5
MSRP: Starting at $25,270
MPG: 25 city / 31 highway with FWD
- MAZDA CONNECT with 10.25 inch center display
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- Lane Departure Warning System
- i-Activsense Safety Technology includes features such as Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Cruise Control with Stop & Go, and Advanced Smart City Brake Support with day and Night-time Pedestrian Detection
The 2021 Mazda CX-5 gives you the performance of a luxury SUV at a fraction of the price. It has an available 2.5 Turbo engine that delivers up to 250 horsepower and 320 lb-ft of torque. Along with having seven trims to choose from, you can also build your Mazda CX-5 with either FWD or AWD. Those interested in high-tech features will enjoy using the MyMazda app on your mobile device to remotely lock and unlock doors, start your engine, and other commands.
2021 Kia Telluride
MSRP: Starting at $31,990
MPG: Up to 20 city / 26 highway
- 8-inch touchscreen display
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six speakers
- Safety features include Forward Collision Avoidance with PEdestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning, Lane
- Departure Warning, Lane Following Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, and more
The 2021 Kia Telluride is built with a powerful 3.8L Lambda DOHC 24-valve V6 engine and Front-Wheel-Drive (FWD). Consumers can spend an extra $2,000 if they would prefer their Telluride to have All-Wheel-Drive. It has 291 horsepower, 8-speed automatic transmission, and comfortably seats up to eight people. All SUVs are stylish and boast standard front grille and front/rear skid plate. Plus, you can choose between four versions — including the all-new Nightfall Edition package.
2021 Toyota RAV4
MSRP: Starting at $26,050
MPG: Up to 41 city / 38 highway
- 7-inch touchscreen
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto
- Backup camera with projected path
- Equipped with Toyota Safety Sense technology which features Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Lane Tracing Assist, Automatic High Beams, and more
The 2021 Toyota RAV4 comes with FWD and a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine. If you’re looking to eventually make the switch to electric, consider opting for the RAV4 LE Hybrid model that starts at $28,500. The RAV4 comes with standout design options, including an available two-tone roof and choice between 17 or 18-inch alloy wheels.
2021 Hyundai Kona
MSRP: Starting at $20,400
MPG: 27 city / 30 highway
- 7-inch touchscreen display audio system
- Eight speakers
- Hyundai Smartsense technology includes Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Blind-Spot Collision Warning, Smart Cruise Control, and more
- Driver Attention Warning monitors your driving habits
- Available Heads-Up Display
The 2021 Hyundai Kona is a sleek and sporty SUV with up to 175 horsepower. This highly adaptable vehicle can tackle four season weather with available AWD by gripping the road with traction and cornering. It comes in five trim levels, one of which is the Ultimate starting at $28,050. It boasts an Inline 4-cylinder turbocharged engine, FWD, 18-inch alloy wheels, and Heads-Up Display.
2021 Kia Sportage
MSRP: Starting at $23,990
MPG: 23 city / 30 highway
- Angled touch screen display
- Available wireless phone charging
- Available panoramic sunroof
- Safety features include Blind-Spot Collision Warning, Forward Collision-Avoidance assist with Pedestrian Detection, High Beam Assist, Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go, and more
The 2021 Kia Sportage has an athletic design with a coup-like profile, and is designed to meet all your long haul needs. Along with concealed storage, the compact SUV has 60/40 split-folding rear seats and dual-level cargo floor. The Smart Power Liftgate is also available. It automatically opens the trunk by sensing your key to give you hands-free access to the cargo.
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan
MSRP: Starting at $25,245
MPG: 23 city / 29 highway
- 8-inch touchscreen sound system
- Available full screen navigation
- Volkswagen Car-Net mobile app includes features such as Remote Commands, DriveView, VW Car-Net Hotspot
- Driver Assistance Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Monitor, Lane Assist, Rear Traffic Alert, Park Distance Control with Maneuver Braking, and more
The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan is a compact SUV that’s built with a 16 valve, 2L, 184 horsepower turbocharged engine. One key feature is the 4Motion with Active Control. This dial allows drivers to switch between four different AWD modes, which can be adjusted based on the road’s terrain. It stands out on the road with a sculpted hood and sharp lines, with five trim options.
2021 Nissan Rogue
MSRP: Starting at $25,650
MPG: Up to 27 city / 35 highway
- Three high tech displays include an 8-inch intuitive touch screen, 12-inch digital dashboard, and large Head-Up Display
- Available wireless phone charging
- Four cameras to help park
- Rogue Standard Safety Shield 360 provides Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Rear Automatic Braking, Blind Spot Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and more
- Remote access to the SUV with the NissanConnect Services app on your smartphone
There’s plenty of room to roam inside the 2021 Nissan Rogue. You can load all the cargo you need with its 36.5 cubic feet of capacity. Drivers can also enjoy the available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive which automatically enhances traction as you go. Parking couldn’t be easier thanks to its four cameras installed around the vehicle. It gives you views of the front, rear, and curbside to help you safely maneuver in and out of spots.
Compare Crossover SUVs Online
There’s a lot to think about before buying a 2021 SUV. You’ll have to consider everything from performance, to style, to technology when choosing your new vehicle. Research what each vehicle has to offer and compare your options online. Make sure to check in with your local dealership to find out if there are any promotions or sales events to take advantage of.